To handle the tedious conversion of video for Surface, just download the video players from the Windows Store that can work with a variety of formats. Here we are offering 5 best video playes for all Surface Models.
So, millions of people already own plenty of music and movies, either created themselves or downloaded from the Internet. Usually, it’s stored in a variety of file formats, and Windows 8/8.1’s rather anemic Music and Movie apps sometimes can’t handle them. If the Music and Movie apps have let you down, try some of these video players to play your own media on your Surface tablet:
1. Windows Media Player: Found on the Desktop app, Windows Media Player comes bundled with Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro tablets. It’s the same version found in Windows 7, and it plays the usual gang of media. However, Windows Media Player can’t play DVDs, and it’s not available on Windows RT tablets.
2. Upgrade to Windows Media Center: Available for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro, this boosts your tablet’s capabilities in two ways. First, you can plug a portable DVD player into your tablet and watch DVDs. Second, you can plug a TV tuner into your tablet’s USB port to record your own TV shows and movies from your cable provider. Or, if you’re already recording shows using Media Center on your desktop PC, you can copy the shows to your tablet for viewing. Media Center’s big buttons, optimized for big-screen TVs, work fine with your fingers. Tablets running Windows 8 Pro can upgrade to Windows Media Center for $10, but tablets running Windows 8 must pay $100.
3. VLC Media Player: This free jack-of-all-trades media player plays DVDs, movies, and songs in many more formats than Windows 8 can handle. VLC Media Player is available for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro tablets, and a version for Windows RT is in the works.
4. Netflix and Amazon: Don’t forget that you’re not limited to Microsoft’s media offerings through the bundled Music and Movie apps. Netflix offers its own app for viewing streaming movies, and Amazon offers movie rentals (free to Prime members) on its website, available through Internet Explorer. There are other online video players like Hulu Plus, Dailymotion, TBS for Windows, and Flixster you can also choose.
5. TuneIn Radio app: Available free from the Store app, TuneIn Radio lets you listen to Internet radio stations from around the world, as well as from your home town. The program opens to show Internet broadcasts from your local AM and FM stations, as well as your local police and fire scanners. You can also search music by genre, tuning into your favorite types of music or talk shows from nearly any part of the world.
If you want to discover even more videos, check out the apps in the Windows Store. With apps like these, you’ll discover something new to watch every day. For more info about apps in the Windows Store, see the apps page on Windows online.
PS: With a powerful third-party media player you can play more videos on your Surface Tablets, however, this does not mean it can play everything you throw at it. If you find some formats like MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, MPG, etc. and some Blu-ray, DVD discs are unsupported by these Surface video players, you should turn to Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
Overall, this program is an all-in-one converting tool to convert all Blu-ray, DVD and HD video to all Surface models friendly videos without quality loss. Then transfer converted videos to your Surface RT, Surface Pro, Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro 3, etc. and enjoy them anytime and anywhere as you like. The mac version is iMedia Converter for Mac.